YouTube Preview Image

Korg has updated iElectribe and iMS-20 to version 1.5, adding Wireless Sync, SoundCloud support and more.

Here’s what’s new in Korg iMS-20 1.5:

• WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology) allows wireless start between compatible apps on two iPads
  • AudioCopy has been added which enables the sharing of audio data between compatible apps
  • MIDI control capabilities have been enhanced (nano series 2 is now fully supported)
  • A few minor bugs have also been addressed, improving operational stability

Here’s what’s new in Korg iElectribe 1.5:

Looks like somebody’s hearing our requests for serious MIDI support in IOS apps. These should be welcome updates for a lot of Korg iMS-20 and iElectribe users.

Let us know what you think of these updates and the arrival of improved MIDI support in iOS apps!

19 thoughts on “Korg iElectribe, iMS-20 Updated With Wireless Sync, SoundCloud Support, AudioCopy

1. This makes me want to get an iPad 2 so I can try this out with two iPads. Not going to happen this year, though.

Anybody try syncing this to hardware MIDI devices through the USB port yet?

2. Korg founder would be proud. Still leading the way in innovation

And yeah i'm rocking 2 ipads with this set up. It kicks ass.

3. meh. Korg needs to consult with the FINGER guys to learn how clock sync via OSX network MIDI is done, not to mention having two apps running on ONE iPad in perfect sync.

Good try, again, Korg. Now…step it up.

4. Korg,Finger,etc. All these Apple apps. are just plain toys. But, that's as far as they go.

5. I knew not getting rid of my original iPad when I got a 2 was a good idea. I wonder if it will sync up more than two? I could steal my wife's and run four!

6. I'm surprised a musician (and I assume you're a musician given the subject here) would be that close-minded. Maybe you're not old enough to remember the days of 4-track cassette Portastudios, or trackers (Octamed anyone?). My iPad 2 absolutely outclasses every bit of gear that I made music with from 1972 until well into the 1980s. There is going to be some serious, credible music made with it (Gorillaz, for example). There's also going to be a lot of crap made with it, but that's been the nature of things forever. It's just that the internet now makes all that crap publicly available, when before it was confined to the 150 people we inflicted cassettes on…

7. All musical devices are toys. Except the ones not being "played" and are just something being snot polished because the little boy in you died from need to feel superior. These little Apple apps are very cool and expressive and are still in their infancy. They will get more impressive with time– and discovery by those kids wanting to make music. And that's as far as they'll go.

8. …and I forgot to mention it'll be sad in a few years when those iPad batteries are dead in the water and a bitch to get them replaced.

9. Yes, because there will be nobody who figures out how to make some $$$ replacing batteries in 15 *million* devices… they'll all have to be thrown away.

Seriously, are you a musician? You dodged my questions above…

10. Windows 7 on a tablet is gonna be GOLD. Which will be flooded with FREE VST'S up the ying yang that the iPad for music will drown in the Microsoft waters of Greatness.

11. Windows 7 on a tablet will suck, because nobody is going to rewrite their apps to be compatible with a touch interface. You don't just put in an OS wrapper for gesture input and suddenly get access to all the PC apps. You still need original, new or re-written apps because the difference between a mouse and touch input is HUGE! And it will boot up slower, run slower, and kill batteries faster than any other mobile OS. Windows 7 for tablet will be canceled and removed from the market in less than 24 months due to low sales and lack of developer interest.

12. Yeah! I can play the iMS-20 through the camera connector kit with my Midi Keyboard! (A Roland GAIA) I haven't been able to get midi out working yet though… But i'm pretty sure it's possible!

13. Hey joe, interested to know did you encounter any difficulties connecting the gaia up? the ims 20 app is one I want to get and connecting it to my Gaia would be the bomb! Until now I have only gotten smaller controllers to work with alchemy, sunrizer etc.