Wolfgang Palm has announced that his second software synthesizer for iOS, PPG WaveMapper, is now available.
PPG WaveMapper features a new synthesis system which maps the waveforms of a sound into a new kind of wavetable which preserves the sound characteristics better than classic Wavetable synthesis and at the same time allows for the manipulations which make WT synthesis so unique.
Here are the details.
- New Sound map concept – create new sounds playful and experimental
- 3 types of synthesis:
- Classic wavetables – for the typical PPG sounds
- Time compressed samples – more authentic sounds, allowing analysis of user samples
- Pure samples – classic sample playback Analyzer – convert your own samples into the new format or into wavetables
- 3 oscillators capable for totally independent sound sources
- 90 sound resources – a huge sound palette, from real instruments to abstract wavetables
- 4 parameter editor pages – comfortable and detailed access to all the parameters
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise gain and panning
- 4 LFOs – with 5 waveforms
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Schematic touch keyboard – Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Powerful sound browser – sorting by category, bank management
- Virtual and Hard-MIDI in/out – sending/receiving keys and controllers.
- Audiobus support.
- 10 min audio recording and Audio copy.
PPG WaveMapper is available now for $19.99 in the App Store. If you’ve used WaveMapper – let us know what you think of it!