Developer Yuri Turov has released Xynthesizr, a free software synth that combines matrix sequencing, generative music features & a full-fledged synthesizer.
With its synthesizer and morphing features, Xynthesizr can be a classic ToneMatrix, an arpeggiated synth, a soft ambient generator, a drone machine and more.
- Audiobus support
- 1-32 steps variable pattern length
- Shake to clear
- Tempo control (1-300 BPM)
- 2 pattern morphing algorithms: [Conway’s Game of] Life-like cellular automata and randomized
- Extended range (26 notes for 4-inch screen devices, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
- Selectable keys and scales
- Ability to tie consecutive notes of same pitch (effectively making them one long note)
- Color-coded octaves
- Scalar transposition
- 16 voice polyphony (12 for iPhone 3GS)
- 2 oscillators per voice
- 4 selectable waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
- Detune control
- 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter frequency)
- 2 LFOs
- 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
- Stereo reverb and randomized panner
Available via In-App Purchase:
- Record and export audio via SoundCloud, Mail and iTunes File Sharing
- Create your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
- Save your presets and patterns
Xynthesizer is available in the App Store.
If you’ve used Xynthesizer, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!