Image Line has announced Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins, now in beta testing.
Minihost Modular is based on a custom modular engine, especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
Here’s a preview of Minihost Modular in action:
- Works as standalone and VST or AU host on Windows and OSX. There are 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions.
- Multi-input/multi-out (MIDI & audio) support. The standalone version is unlimited, the VST has 3 stereo outputs.
- Powerful Piano roll Module based on FL Studio’s, to create, record and trigger musical sequences via MIDI.
- Natively optimised modular routing.
- Unlimited undo/redo system, including plugin states undo/redo.
- Multiprocessor support (standalone version only).
- Automatically creates plugin thumbnail pictures after first opening a plugin.
See the Image Line site for more information.