Liine has released Lemur 5.0 – the latest version of its MIDI/OSC control app for iOS.
Version 5.0 introduces the Canvas object, which lets you create completely custom interfaces; and the Sequencer family of features:
- Canvas is a brand new object that lets you script custom widgets with full multitouch support. The object is adapted from the HTML5 Canvas element, which means you can design widgets featuring complex shapes, animation, shadows, and transparency .The Canvas object opens the door to a completely new Lemur experience, where the appearance and behavior of objects can be designed to precisely match the demands of your project. Polygons, waveforms, circular objects and infinitely more are all possible with Canvas.
- Sequencer – Lemur 5.0 introduces a family of new features for tight sequencing. This includes three new objects: StepNote, StepSwitch and StepSlider. Each of these provides a different flavour of sequencing and is ready to use right out of the box. The objects do the hard work for you, simple add them to your template and they are ready to control your MIDI instruments.
Here’s a video intro to Lemur 5.0:
Here’s what’s new in Lemur 5:
- New Canvas object for creating custom objects
- 2D drawing, animation and mono/multi-touch support
- Based on HTML5 Canvas specifications
- Implemented as standard Lemur scripting
- 50 new scripting functions
- New sequencing objects: StepNote, StepSwitch, StepSlider
- Eight internal MIDI clocks, one for each MIDI Target
- Clocks can run as master or sync to an external source
- New type of script execution to trigger events based on musical subdivisions
- New scripting functions for getting/setting clock state and bpm
- New bundled templates
- Numerous tweaks and improvements
Lemur 5 is available now for US $24.99 in the App Store.