Bit Shape has introduced TC-Data, a MIDI and OSC (Open Sound Control) controller app that sends messages to other apps and hardware.
TC-Data is a new MIDI/OSC controller which, instead of trying to recreate existing piano-style controllers, explores the possibilities of creating an interface specifically for multi-touch screens.
TC-Data takes the multi-touch controllers from the TC-11 Synthesizer and opens them up to any external software.
The app has over 300 multi-touch and device motion controllers and triggers which can be assigned to any MIDI or OSC message output. TC-Data is not a synthesizer, but it is designed to control them, plus any other MIDI or OSC software.
Here’s the official video intro to TC-Data:
- Inter-app control via CoreMIDI
- OSC over Wi-Fi
- Support for external MIDI interfaces
- MIDI input passthrough
- Virtual MIDI output
- MIDI over Bluetooth via 3rd party apps
- Fully assignable touch controllers
- Gyroscope and accelerometer motion control
- 300+ controllers and triggers
TC-Data is available now for US $19.99 in the App Store.