Developer Giel Bremmers has released an update to MultitrackStudio for iPad.
MultitrackStudio for iPad is a MIDI + audio sequencer that can handle up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include piano roll, drum and score editors.
Here’s what’s new in MultitrackStudio v1.8:
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: virtually all instruments sound better. Acoustic pianos respond to Soft pedal (controller #67). Bowed strings and many winds respond the Legato controller (#68). Synths have Filter and Resonance knobs. Drums have Bass/Snare/Toms/Hihat/Ride/Crash level knobs.
- Track editors can copy to (or paste from) General Pasteboard or AudioShare. Swipe horizontally over the COPY (or PASTE) button to access these options.
- MIDI editors: added ‘swing’ options to quantize resolution box.
- MIDI pitch controller editor now has ‘R’ button to set pitch bend range.
- ‘Export MIDI tracks’ can export to General Pasteboard.
- Tracks can be switched to Practice Mode by doubleclicking the track’s Play button. Tracks can now be in Practice Mode regardless of instrument or effect panes being visible. Having multiple tracks in practice mode simultaneously is now possible.
- Tempo editor: BPM lower limit lowered to 8 BPM, so there’s more room for fermata.
- Soft-monitored audio tracks: level meter shows speaker symbol to indicate output clipping (the meter itself shows the input level).
- Fixed: Stereo Imager wouldn’t convert stereo input to pure mono (Width=0 didn’t work).
- Extension Pack now features Multiband Compressor effect.
Multitrackstudio For iPad is available for US $29.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Multitrackstudio For iPad, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!