Musikmesse 2015: Nord has introduced the Stage 2 EX – updating their Nord Stage 2 instrument line with 1 GB memory for the Nord Piano Library and a new ultra lightweight Hammer-Action Portable HP76 model.
The Stage 2 EX features 5 Grand Pianos, 7 Upright Pianos, 11 Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Harpsichords and a vastly improved Nord Sample Library selection, including brand new Strings, Choir and Folk instruments.
- DOUBLED MEMORY FOR NORD PIANO LIBRARY – The Nord Stage 2 EX features 1 GB memory for the Nord Piano Library allowing you to bring even more of our unique sampled acoustic and electric pianos on stage.
- LIGHTWEIGHT 76-KEY MODEL – The Nord Stage 2 EX HP76 sports an ultra lightweight Hammer Action Portable keybed (E-G) as found in the Electro 3/4/5 HP and Piano 2 HP models. Weighing only 12 kg (27,3 lb), this makes the Nord Stage 2 EX HP76 the most portable Hammer Action Stage instrument ever.
- IMPROVED FACTORY SOUND BANK – The Nord Stage 2 EX features a brand new Factory Sound Bank with both new sounds in the Piano Library as well as a completely updated and refined selection of sounds from the Nord Sample Library. We’ve also optimized our sounds allowing you to fit even more sounds without comprising playability. New sounds include:
- Nord Piano Library: DX Electric Pianos
- Nord Sample Library – new Acoustic Strings (solo and ensemble), Female Choirs, Ethnic Stringed Instruments, Flutes and Woodwinds, Brass/Orchestra and Tuned Percussion sounds.
The Nord Stage 2 EX comes in three models:
- The Nord Stage 2 EX 88 features a fully weighted Hammer Action Keybed (A-C) and weighs 18,5 kg (40,7 lb).
- The Nord Stage 2 EX HP76 has the lightweight Hammer Action Portable keybed (E-G), the same type as from the Electro 3/4 HP and Piano 2 HP and weighs 12 kg (27,3 lb)
- Nord Stage 2 EX Compact features a 73-note Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard (E-E) and weighs 9,7 kg (21,4 lb)
Apart from the keyboard type and the number of accessories available, all three models have identical features.
Pricing and Availability
All models are expected to ship in May 2015, with pricing to be announced. See the Nord site for audio demos and more info.