Here’s what’s new in Animoog v1.3:
- Animoog now requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Support for ‘path-width’ as modulation source for presets created with Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- Support for accelerometer modulation controls as ‘accel-x’, ‘accel-y’, and ‘accel-z’.
- Support for Bluetooth LE MIDI devices.
- Support for MPE input with note-per-channel MIDI controllers.
- Added collapsible Inter-App Audio transport bar.
- Consolidated ‘poly-pressure’ and ‘chan-pressure’ into one ‘pressure’ modulation source.
- The vertical position of the keys on initial touch is now used as the ‘velocity’ modulation source.
- Tapping left or right of the scale slider will now transpose octaves up or down.
- Timbres panel improvements for easier sound design.
- Single-tapping on a left panel timbre now highlights it, while double-tapping scrolls to its location in the Timbres list.
- The Timbres list on the right panel no longer collapses when switching presets.
- Values of CC mapped controls are now sent out at preset change.
- Incoming MIDI CC 120 now turns off all active sound.
- Incoming MIDI RPN 0 now sets the active pitch bend range.
- Application settings are now saved immediately when changes occur.
- The keyboard now allows more space between keys.
- Fixes to timbre list where auto-scroll would overshoot at times.
- Fixes to built-in scale definitions.
- Fixed crashes when Animoog goes to the background.
- Fixed crackling sound when using hold from a MIDI controller.
- Fixed sound cutting out when switching between certain audio devices while Animoog is running.
Pricing and Availability
Animoog for iPhone is available for US $5.99 in the App Store.