Avid has introduced the new Avid S3L, a modular system, comprised of a high-performance HDX-powered mix engine running VENUE software and AAX DSP plug-ins, scalable remote I/O, a compact EUCON-enabled control surface, and Pro Tools software for integrated live sound mixing and recording.
The S3L system is designed to be easy to take on tour or install in any club, theater, house of worship, or other performance venue to efficiently and easily respond to a broad range of demands. Continue reading
At the 2013 NAMM Show, Behringer announced expansions to its line of X32 mixers.
The X32 COMPACT, X32 PRODUCER, X32 RACK and X32 CORE all share the flagship X32′s performance specifications, with powerful digital connectivity, virtual FX, MIDAS-designed mic preamps,and a variety of inputs and outputs.
All models also include KLARK TEKNIK-engineered AES50 ports, which can be connected to BEHRINGER S16 Digital Snakes for expanded I/O, regardless of mainframe size, and can be controlled using XControl for PC/Mac/Linux, XiControl optimized for iPad and XiQ for iPhone/iPod Touch. Continue reading
The StageScape dispenses with the columns of faders and knobs of traditional mixers and replaces them with a touchscreen visual mixing environment. The StageScape M20d allows multi-channel recording and can also be remotely controlled via one or more iPads.
The StageScape M20d is available now with an MSRP of $2799. Full specs below.
The Alesis iO Mix lets you mix and record four channels of audio directly into GarageBand or other compatible Core Audio apps, turning the iPad into a multitouch portable studio.
- The world’s first mixer/multi-channel interface for iPad
- Mix and record up to four channels, or a stereo mix into your iPad
- Works with mics, instruments, speakers, headphones, video monitors and projectors
- Four combo XLR-1/4? input channels, each with trim, channel gain, pan, and low & high EQ
- Switchable 48V phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct (DI) switch for guitar recording without an amp
- Balanced, stereo 1/4″ outputs and 1/4″ headphone output with separate volume controls
- Direct Monitor switch for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Switchable limiter for clip-free recordings
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Core Audio-compliant: works with virtually any app in the App Store
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors: perfect for presentations, meetings and VJs
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- Complete routing and signal-management controls
- Power supply also charges your iPad
At the 2012 NAMM Show, PreSonus introduced a new iPhone (and iPod Touch) app for remotely controlling monitor mixes for up to 10 musicians, using the PreSonus StudioLive products.
QMix works by networking one or more iPhones wirelessly with a Mac or PC, enabling QMix to remotely access Virtual StudioLive to control one or more FireWire-connected StudioLive mixers.
As each iPhone connects to the network, its copy of QMix will “discover” all StudioLive mixers on the network, letting each musician create their own aux mix that includes all mixer channels. QMix also gives the StudioLive engineer the capability to set permissions, so that each iPhone on the network only controls a specified mix.
Enough with the blah, blah, blah, though. It’s all about you, isn’t it? Check out the rather awesome PreSonus Qmix intro video, which explains how the free app lets you have ‘more me’.
Alto Professional has introduced the Masterlink mixer with an iPad dock.
The MasterLink Live 16 and MasterLink Live 24 offer channel compression, three-band semi-parametric EQ, four aux sends, four group buses, built-in Alesis digital effects and the Alto Professional Live Drive App.
At the 2012 NAMM Show, iConnectivity announced iConnectMUSE – a portable digital audio mixer.
While tiny, the iConnectMUSE offers:
- Six stereo inputs
- Six stereo outputs, each with its own unique mix
- Two USB ports
- Hub-able USB HOst Port
- Two input and two output ¼” audio port jacks,
- A headphone monitor jack
- Ethernet connection for network sharing
- A MIDI pass-thru interface
- Limited DSP processing.
iConnectMUSE will be available Q2 of 2012 and will retail at a MSRP of US $229.99. We’ll have more info on the iConnectMUSE as it becomes available.