This tutorial explains how to create a dirty electro bass synth with Reason 4.0.
- First create a Malstrom Graintable Synthesizer
- Set The polyphony to 1 and the portamento to 36
- Set the range of the pitch wheel to 14
- On Oscillator A choose the Square 4 synth
- Switch the motion knob to -64 and the Octave to 2
- Switch the shaper rout button to on and the shaper to on
- Set the shaper to saturate and the amount to 127
- On filter B set it to bp12 and the resonance to 61 and select the keyboard mode
- On filter A set the Frequency to 104
- In the filter Envelope set the attack to 27, the decay to 127, the sustain to 127 and the release to 127
- Set the amount to 38
- Create a Mclass Compressor
- Set the threshold to 29.2 and the ratio to infinite: one
- Turn the attack to 1ms and the release to 591 ms
- Create a RPG-8 Monophonic Arp
- Set the inset to 4-2 the rate to 1/16th
- Now we are going to side chain the synth
- Create a redrum drum computer and on the first channel put in kick drums on 1 5 9 and 13.
- Now create an spider audio merger and splitter
- Click your tab key and flip to the back of our synthesizers
- Connect a wire from the L/R to channel one of the redrum
- Connect a wire from the next connector on the spider to the next available channel in our mixer.
- Lastly attach a wire from the next spot on the spider to the sidechain in section of our mclass compressor