Pioneering UK synth company EMS has announced the Synthi Control Console – a new prototype of a console to control 2 EMS Synthi’s (either 2 Synthi AKS, 2 VCS3 mk2 or a mixture).
- 36×48 Matrix patching capability using standard EMS patch pins.
- Connects to Synthi prestosockets via special umbilical cables.
- External CV and Gate inputs to Synthi 1 and 2 via 6.35mm Jack sockets.
- Connects to Synthi Jones sockets on Synthi 1 and 2 for switching control between either external CV/Gat or DK1/DK2/KS control via toggle switches. Connection via custom cables.
- 4 Inverter Input/Output channels on Matrix
- Synthi 1+2 Envelope Shapers triggered by +ve/-ve signals from Matrix.
- 8 Output channels (6.35mm Jack sockets) via the Matrix.
EMS has enough original 1970’s Sealectro Matrix panels to make at most 7 units. They may be offered for sale on a build to order basis.
Approximate cost around £1500 + shipping (user supplied pins).