2009 Summer NAMM Show: Beat Kangz Electronics has announced a shipping date for the much-hyped Beat Thang, an MPC-like, Hip-Hip production center. The Beat Thang is expected to ship in October 2009, with a list price of $1,299 and retail of $999.
The Beat Kangz are also putting the finishing touches on The Playa Thang, an iPhone app and a software version of the Beat Thang. By July 17, The Beat Thang Virtual software system, $149.00, will be available for purchase on the company’s website.
- 3.5 inch video grade color LCD
- On-board rechargeable NiCad battery.
- Over 3000 Blazin’ Brand new sounds designed by The Beat Kangz
- 16 Track MIDI sequencer (sequence external instruments)
- 500 production ready Platinum beats and loops created by The Beat Kangz
- Sleek design and styling with customizable “Paintz” and “Grillz”
- Convenient, light-weight portable design with internal rechargable battery
- USB In & Out
- Pitch and Mod Wheels
- On Board FX including Reverb, Delay, Automated Filters and tons of Crazy “Freak FX” including “Chopped and Screwed”!!!!
- On Board “Mo Bang” Mastering with EQ and Limiting
- 256 MB Ram standard
- 2 High Speed SD Card Slots (16 Gigabytes/ card)
- Export Beats to a Mac or PC (supports AIFF and WAV format)
- Intuitive user interface.