Check out this insanity!
The 5 Gum Augmented Reality Music Mixer uses augmented reality – the idea of combining real world and computer-generated 3D graphics in real-time – to create a virtual DJ mixer that you control with controller “glyphs”.
The glyphs are used as the input device and allow users to:
- Change the volumes of each track by moving the glyph relative to the central reference glyph.
- Modify the tracks themselves by rotating the glyphs on their axis. This will add distortion, bit crusher and echo effects.
- Remove the audio track from the mix by covering or removing the glyphs.
The project is part of Wrigley’s 5 Gum “Stimulates Your Senses”promotion.
The Wrigley 5 Gum project utilises Releas3D, which combines:
- Papervision 3D
- 2D video technology and workflow
- Augmented Reality technology
- An Entity/Resource Management system
- Video Capture and Encoding system
- 15 music tracks to create your own mix
- 3 animated flavour orbs
- Control volume and add effects: distortion, bit crusher, echo
- Record, add to gallery and share your mix
- Vote for your favourite mixes
- No software downloads
- No security warnings
- No browser restrictions
- No platform restrictions