Opulent Audio has released three free virtual instruments for Windows, bLO-Fish, DirtyGirl & Tenacity:
Versatile 3 Oscillator LO-FI synthesizer. Not an emulation of any particular “chip”, it’s much more powerful than that. bLO-FIsh incorporates classic chip type (8 bit) sounds with more traditional synth elements to bring on a huge sonic range. Flexible, extensive modulation plus a 16-step gate for more musical and rhythmic options. Plus, bLO-FIsh has a distortion effect and a CPU-friendly reverb to garnish your 8 bit feast.
- 2 Standard SE Oscillators with FM and PWM
- 2 SV Filters – several modes.
- Dirt!, Grains!, Reverb
- LFO (20 waveforms) and Contour Modulation
- Mod Matrix (4 slots)
- Two sample-based oscillators with 35 available waveforms. Each oscillator has it’s own tempo-synced rhythmic gate, waveshaping, bitrate (4, 8, 16, or 24 bit) and tuning (octave, semitone, and fine). The oscillators hard-sync to each other to form a feedback loop. Output options: dry signal out, filter 1 or 2 (or both), or delay effect.
- Two parallel multi-state SV filters, providing simultaneous lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and notch filters on a mixer with individual volume and pan for each filter state. Output options: dry signal out or delay effect.
- Ring modulation of the two oscillators with 25 modulation types and mix amount. Output options: dry signal out, filter 1 or 2 (or both), or delay effect.
- Stereo delay with normal or cross mode available. Tempo synced with dozens of sync options. Feedback and mix amounts.
- Two phrase arpeggiators: oscillators can accept MIDI input 3 ways – either as standard note input or from one of the two tempo-synced phrase arpeggiators. Each oscillator can accept input from a different arpeggiator for the ‘dueling arp’ effect.
- Three tempo synced LFOs with 20 waveforms. Each has optional sample and hold with separate sync rate.
- Two (up to) 8 stage envelopes with many options for triggering, looping, and envelope length. Dozens of tempo sync options available. Each has optional sample and hold with separate sync rate.
- Eight slot modulation matrix with 11 sources (incl osc gates) and 39 targets, all user defined.
- Monophonic synth with retrigger option and portamento.