Syntheway Virtual Sitar, demo’d above, is a VST instrument designed to emulate the Indian Sitar.
- Mastered sitar samples recorded with special equipment in a low noise environment. Full length sustain, no loops (natural decay).
- Includes 18 predefined sounds.
- Optimized CPU and memory usage.
- ADSR envelope generator with Attack, Sustain, Decay and Release parameters and several modulation targets.
- Multiple-Mode Filter: The values are automatically computed when you select any of the filter types. Filter switch includes: LP (Low pass), BP (Band pass), HP (High pass), notch, peak, low pass and high pass shelving filter with adjustable cutoff and bandwidth.
- Variable room simulation. Reverb effect can control the “room ambience”.
- MIDI Automation: Added complete MIDI CC#.
The Sitar is a Hindustani classical stringed instrument which utilizes sympathetic strings along with regular strings and a gourd resonating chamber to produce a very distinctive sound. It was popularized by “legendary sitar virtuoso” and composer Ravi Shankar in the 1960s.
More details at the Syntheway site.
Home (intro) using Syntheway Virtual Sitar VSTi v1.0 Cover From Dream Theater’s Metropolis Part II – Scenes From A Memory, Scene Six (Released in 1999).VST instrument:Syntheway Virtual Sitar VSTi
Additonal VST Plug-ins:- Syntheway Strings VSTi
Fantasize SoundFont SF2 Player VSTi (Bass, guitar samples)
VST Host: Image-Line FL Studio 9
More demos in HQ mp3 format available at: http://demosongs.syntheway.net