u-he has introduced ACE (Any Cable Everywhere), a modular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
According to developer Urs Heckmann:
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) delivers top quality sound at a highly competitive price. The selection of modules and clear layout make ACE the ideal instrument for newcomers delving into the fascinating world of modular synthesis. The number of ways to connect modules together is practically infinite, and you will soon discover how much more fun it is to make your own sounds in ACE than in a non-modular synthesizer.
Here’s a music video about the harsh reality of synth love that features 24 instances of ACE, including 1 for “cat solo”:
- 25 signal sources, 30+ signal targets, some paths wired internally so that it makes noise even without a single cable attached (think ARP 2600).
- Exceptional sync /w FM (VCO1->VCO2, think Crossmodulation).
- LFOs that can be used as additional VCOs an vice versa.
- Exceptional filter sound including convincing self oscillation.
- Support for .tun files.
- 500+ presets.
- 2 x LFO (1 sine, 1 sine/tri/saw/sqr) 0Hz – 20kHz
- 2 x ADSR (same as Bazille)
- 2 x VCO (saw/pwm) 0Hz – 20kHz, VCO1 with SubOsc
- 2 x VCF (two variable outlets each: LP1/LP2/LP3/LP4, HP/BP/BR)
- 2 x VCA/Pan
- 2 x Multiples (as in Bazille)
- 1 x Mixer (Osc balance, Sub, Noise, Aux)
- 1 x Ramp Generator (up->hold->down->rest, loops if rest < 100)
- 1 x Mapping Generator (creates variable values for each note or key, can be used as custom waveform for LFO2)
- 1 x noise (white, pink)
- 1 x the common extras, such as Glide/Glide2
- 1 x stereo chorus (global)
- 1 x ping pong delay (global)
- 1 x Bass/Treble booster (global)
ACE is available for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for $85/ 69 EUR.