Vir2’s Electri6ity is a new virtual instrument that attempts to put a virtual electric guitar in your DAW:
Electri6ity contains eight of the most famous and distinguished guitar tones in the history of the instrument. More than 24,000 24-bit samples were taken of each guitar. Three pickup options (front, rear, and mixed) are available on every guitar. An impressive amount of samples allow you to play every articulation on every fret of every string for an absolutely authentic guitar sound. Downstrokes, upstrokes, seamless velocity layers, ghost notes, mutes, harmonics, hammer-ons, pulloffs, slides, releases, and FX…the sky is the limit with Electri6ity.
Electri6ity also utilizes the most advanced scripting to date, including the revolutionary Articulation Morphing Technology (A.M.T.) and Velocity Morphing Technology (V.M.T.) allowing for the seamless morphing from dead mute to sustain or from soft to loud. Advanced string and fretboard positioning is performed by artificial intelligence which adapts to your playing. Play fluid lines in real time using the legato engine, play chords using the chord detection engine which understands almost 2000 different chords, easily double-track, do unison bends, strum, pick, trill, tremolo pick, slide…all of this is built into the Electri6ity engine and full editing control is given over each of these parameters.
All samples in Electri6ity are recorded clean – a direct input from the guitar. Use Electri6ity´s built-in multieffects (phaser, flanger, chorus, reverb, and delay), Screamer module, and amp simulation (British, Classic, Clean, Jazz, Metal, Modern, and Rock) to make the sound come alive, or use your own guitar amps or simulators to multiply the possibilities.
Electri6ity is powered by the industry-leading Kontakt engine. It is compatible with VST, AudioUnit, and RTAS (Pro Tools 7 & 8) plug-in formats allowing it to work seamlessly within any major sequencer, in addition to standalone use.
Check it out the demo video. It features composer Richard Friedman playing Electri6ity. And leave a comment with your thoughts on Electri6ity taking the place of an electric guitar in your studio.
Electri6ity includes eight guitars:
- Les Paul
- Danelectro Lipstick
Three pickup positions:
- Front + Rear Blend
Recorded variations per sample:
- Seamless velocity layers
- Legato (Sustain/Muted)
- All modes can be combined with a Slide Mode for real-time slides from each fret to each other fret.
- Sustain Neck <> Bridge
- Sustain <> 5th / Octave Pinch Harmonics
- Dead Notes <> Muted <> Half-Muted
- Ghost Notes Clean
- Ghost Notes Dirty
- Hammer On (played after sustain note) / Hammer On (tapped)
- Pull Off (played after sustain note) / Pull Off (tapped)
- One and two frets Slides Up / Down
- Slides (Slide in and from each fret to each other fret)
- FX Samples (Screams, Scratches, Whammy-FX, etc.)
- Finger Noise
- Finger Noise Short
- Mixed I
- Mixed II
- Hand Mute (fret can be selected)
- Palm Mute
- Slide Down Short
- Slide Down Medium
- Slide Down Long
- Slide Down (1 fret, short)
- Slide Up (1 fret, short)
- Slide Noise Down
- Slide Noise Up
- Pick Noise
- A.M.T (Articulation Morphing Technology) & V.M.T (Velocity Morphing Technology) allows you to seamlessly morph from soft to loud notes, from dead muted to sustain, and even from sustain to fifth or octave pinch harmonics! The morphing is phase-aligned without any phasing artifacts.
- Advanced string and fretboard positioning – the AI chooses the best fitting strings and fretboard position for you. It takes speed, timing, notes and polyphony into account. Manual overwrite is possible whenever you need it (by manually choosing a string or a position on the fretboard).
- Advanced guitar noise engine – adds pick, finger and slide noises according to your playing.
- Advanced legato engine – fluid legato lines in real time.
- Advanced vibrato engine.
- Advanced humanization – nothing is random, everything is artificial intelligence.
- Advanced guitar chord detection – almost 2000 chords are detected and transferred into guitar chords in real time. Most guitar chords are available in up to three different voicings.
- Inversions and chords with additional root key are detected.
- Easy Double-Tracking – without increasing the memory footprint.
- Auto Unison-Bends.
- Dynamic sympathetic resonance simulation.
- Performance keys for strumming and picking – powerful yet easy to use.
- Performance keys for trills, tremolo picking, one and two fret slides (it´s possible to slide whole chords as well).
- Full control over the engine, tweak and control the playback with more than 100 parameters!