Sugar Bytes has introduced Guitarist, a new virtual guitar instrument for Windows and Mac that is described, rather humbly, as “the most complete guitar software of all times.”
What makes Guitarist the most complete guitar software, not just of our time, but of all times?
Sugar Bytes has this to say about Guitarist:
Absolutely convincing guitar riffs, combined with amps, wah pedals and effects. The actual guitar player has been transformed into a step sequencer system that allows control about playing styles, chord progressions and song structures.”
Guitarist can be played live as well, with just two fingers you can combine chords and patterns easily. You can choose from factory chords or just create your own chords on the fingerboard. The Action Section allows you to tweak the sequence in realtime and apply timestretch, looper or other crazy effects. Guitar players, keyboarders, producers,
Guitarist is the new solution when guitar tracks are needed.
Sugar Bytes lays it on a bit thick – but you can check out the embed, above, for a video demo of Guitarist in action, and a demo version is also available.
Guitarist is available now for 199 € / 249 $.
If you’ve tried it out – let me know whether or not the app is truly “the most complete guitar software of all times.”
- Pattern Sequencer — On 16 steps you can determine if a chord is triggered, which strings are played and if the strum goes up- or downward. The playing style (normal, dead, damped) can be determined and the strum speed can be made slower or a double strum ca be triggered. Slides,bends, vibratos and portamentos can be made and strings can be stopped at any time.
- Chord Sequencer — On 16 steps you can create chord-progressions from the factory chords or self made user chords. Each step of the chord sequencer can be repeated up to 16 times. That way you can create long lasting compositions and change chords also earlier or later. That rocks.
- Animation — A really cool feature is the animation sequencer. Each finger can be moved up or downward by 3 seminotes. You can use it for little melodies and alternating chords and it brings immediate beauty and life to your riff.
- Song — On 16 steps you can combine the 24 available patterns to create songs or complex riffs.
Each step of the pattern sequencer can be repeated for up to 16 times, that allows long pattern progressions and pattern changes also at uneven times.
- Action Section — Here you get some realtime action to tweak the pattern with just pressing a button! Quickly apply a Looper, Timestretcher, slow the sequencer down or force dead- or damped notes!
- Amp — Two wonderful sounding amp models are available as well as a direct out mode for your favorite amp-emulator-software..
- Effects — Two effect-units with 10 effect altogether provide the colors you are looking for. Additionally there is a multimode Wah Pedal that provides a classical wah, talk wah and volume pedal/tremolo mode.
- Guitar — Each finger on the fretboard shows its notename which makes it easy to identify, alternate and create chords. 24 chords can be saved on the “Chord Board” to be called with the Sequencer or with your keyboard.
- Keyboard — Here the sequencer is triggered and the 24 User chords and Patterns are called for playback and editing.