Korg has officially introduced the microSTATION Music Workstation– an entry-level mini-keyboard workstation that features the sound of Korgs EDS-i synth engine, effects and new sequencing tools.
The Kort microStation retails for about $600. More details below.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
Korg microStation Features:
- Lightweight, compact, and equipped with 61 mini-keys.
- EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated) sound engine.
- Enjoy 512 user programs (480 preloaded) and 384 user combinations (256 preloaded) as well as GM2 compatible preset programs and drum kits.
- 61-key Natural Touch Mini Keyboard
- 16-track sequencer records up to 128 songs and 210,000 notes.
- Template songs, Loop Recording, Grid Sequencing, Dual Arpeggiators, and Auto Song Setup.
- USB Type-B connector offers a direct MIDI computer connection.
- SD/SDHC card slot for convenient data storage.
- Includes both stand-alone and plug-in microSTATION software for detailed sound editing on your computer; plug-in software is VST, AU, and RTAS compatible.
Korg microStation Description:
Compact and portable, the microSTATION features a 61-key mini keyboard, numerous effects, dual arpeggiators, and a 16-track sequencer to transform musical ideas into polished productions. New sequencer features such as Loop Recording and visual Grid Sequencing have been added to benefit the first-time workstation owner and to jump-start any type of music production.
480 programs, 27 drum kits that can be used by drum programs as oscillators, and 256 combinations, each of which combine up to sixteen programs as layers, splits, or velocity switches, and then add effects and two arpeggiators to create complex sonic structures. For compatibility with other MIDI instruments, there are also 256 GM2 sounds and 9 GM2 drum kits. Programs, drum kits, and combinations are rewritable, and you can store 512, 32, and 384 of them respectively.
The programs and combinations are organized into eight categories according to the type of sound. An audition switch is provided, allowing you to hear a repeating riff (phrase) appropriate for each sound when making a selection in Program mode, making it easy to grasp the character of the available sounds