Propellerhead Software today released Rebirth For iPad (App Store link) – the original virtual techno music studio, reincarnated for the iPad.
The world of iPad music software has really heated up in the last month, and ReBirth For iPad demonstrates that another major electronic music software manufacturer is taking the platform seriously. It follows on ReBirth For iPhone – which was interesting as a proof of concept, but ultimately fiddly in use because of the iPhone’s screen size.
Here’s what Propellerhead has to say about ReBirth For iPad:
Propellerhead Software’s legendary Techno Micro Composer has been resurrected and customized for the iPad.
ReBirth faithfully emulates dance music’s three backbone devices: The Roland TB-303 Bass synth and the Roland TR-808 and 909 drum machines. Combine these with FX units, fully featured pattern sequencers and a gorgeous-looking interface and you’re ready to make killer tracks on your iPad.
Share your music with friends on Facebook, Twitter and more using the built in sharing features.
ReBirth For iPad is $14.99. Check out the features list and demo video and leave a comment with your thoughts on it!
- 2 x TB-303 Bassline Synthesizer with pattern sequencer – The original Acid House and Techno bass synth. Unrivaled power, unmistakable sound.
- TR-808 Drum machine – Roland’s sub-heavy 1980 beat computer. Instant hip-hop.
- TR-909 Drum machine – The go-to beatbox for everything House and Techno. Press play and you’re dancing.
- Tempo-synced digital delay – Bouncy and hypnotic, always in time with your music.
- Compressor with threshold and ratio – A bare-bones compression unit for added beefiness.
- Distortion unit with amount and shape – Raw and rugged distortion for that extra edge. Works wonders with any 303 bassline.
- PCF effect – Pattern controlled Low-pass / Band-pass filter – a tweaker’s delight.
- Mixer – Device specific mixer sections with pan, delay sends and FX switches
- Mod support – Includes 7 original user mods with alternative sound sets and graphics
- Sharing features – Share function with easy publication of songs to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
9 thoughts on “ReBirth For iPad A Techno Studio For $14.99”
This looks way cool. Nice non-suck intro video, too.
Now I have to decide between this and the new Korg iMS-20, though.
Completely different apps. iMS-20 is nothing short of amazing…
Could never get into rebirth, never sounded that good to me. I'm sure it's just a quirk on my part.
I hope they will offer a free upgrade for everyone who bought the original and had to deal with it's suck-tacular performance on the ipad…
I was just going to delete this off my iPad too. Now I can. Shame I gotta pay an extra 15 bones for a app that should be universal from the get go. App prices are rising if ya'll noticed. Glad I already got all I need. Time for me to go grab that air and get back to my VST's I been neglecting.
The iPhone version was cool but a pain to try to work with. This looks like they went back and tried to get things right.
Wish they offered an upgrade path though – but they got to make a buck, too.
why does this only export mp3?
Same shit..different platform
Still fiddly as fuck, no zooming, and although the main rebirth synth is better than the pc and iPhone versions, they have kept in the same shitty blurry low Rez graphics for all the ( quite frankly) dated mods.
Not worth it IMHO
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to