The Airpiano – a MIDI and OSC controller that allows the user to trigger invisible keys and faders in midair – is now available:
The first airpianos are finally available! We are offering a limited number of devices for a reduced price, as a first trial series. The airpianos are fully functional and look great as in the photo above. The next series will be produced only later this year with quantities varying depending on the demand. This is your chance to be one of the first musicians to use the airpiano!
The demo video, above, features an overview of the Airpiano by Jo Hamilton and performance examples.
- 8 infrared proximity sensors create up to 24 virtual keys and 8 virtual faders
- 40 LEDs provide easy orientation and visual feedback
- 1 momentary button allows switching between presets directly from the device
- ¼? connector for using an expression pedal or a foot switch
- Power 9Vdc
- USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 960 x 160 x 26 mm ; Weight: 2.8 kg
The airpiano hardware doesn’t produce any sounds. It communicates with the custom airpiano software on your pc or mac. The software can send MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC) messages to other software or hardware. When you trigger a key or a fader in the air, the software registers your actions and sends messages out accordingly. You can create numerous arrangement presets combining keys and faders, assigned with different properties and message types.
- Create and save arrangement presets
- Assign keys and faders with MIDI messages (OSC messages are sent automatically)
- Assign keys with preset-load messages (allows loading presets directly from the device)
- Set momentary button functionality
- Set pedal / foot switch functionality (MIDI CC , Global Velocity or Preset Loader)
The Airpiano retails in Europe for Europe €1.099,00, internationally for €1.149,00. See the Airpiano site for details.