Boutique synth maker Monde Synthesizer has introduced the MS5 Pannerama, an all-analog signal generator and modifier.
The MS5 can be used for a variety of applications. It provides high quality stereo panning, at both subsonic and audio frequencies. It also provides flexible ring modulation for metallic and inharmonic sounds. The MS5 can be used for tremolo at low frequencies when using a single output channel. It can also provide subsonic and audio frequency modulation to analog synthesizer modulation inputs. These capabilities can be used simultaneously, in many combinations.
The MS5 functional blocks are:
- Input – a preamplifier to set the gain of instrument signals.
- VCO – a versatile Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) with four frequency ranges and four waveforms.
- Ring Modulator – a four-quadrant multiplier providing sum and difference frequencies from the carrier and program source.
- Autopanner – a pair of four-quadrant multipliers with opposite polarities providing amplitude modulation.
- Input – sets instrument signal level.
- Range – selects between two subsonic frequency and two audio frequency ranges.
- Waveform – selects between Sine, Triangle, Square, and Saw waves.
- CV in/Freq – sets the VCO frequency or fine tuning when using an external CV or expression pedal.
- RM Mod – sets external ring modulator modulation level.
- Ring Level – sets ring modulation level to output mix.
- Pan Mod – sets external panning modulation level.
- Pan level – sets panning level to output mix.
Inputs and Outputs
- Input – variable, nominally line level.
- CV – in 0-12V, out 12V. Accepts CV input or sends and returns CV through an expression pedal.
- Pan Mod In – up to 10V. Bypasses internal VCO.
- RM Mod In – up to 10V. Bypasses internal VCO.
- Left Out – line level.
- Right Out – line level.
- VCO Out – 10Vpp.
- Ring Mod Out – 5Vpp.
The Monde Synthesizer MS5 Pannerama is priced at $535.00 plus shipping and handling.