Galaxy Instruments and Best Service have released Galaxy X, a new synth based on effect convolution.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Convolution is the process of multiplying two signals together or folding one audio file over the other one. The result is a hybrid of the two original sounds, introducing a whole new world of sound creations.
With Galaxy X, those two sound files are the Sources and the X-Files:
The Sources are sample sets especially and exclusively recorded and tweaked for use with FX Convolution. All in all X delivers about 15BG of source material with almost 1000 tonally playable source key instruments, over 2000 Effect Sounds and over 5000 Loops.
The X-Files are Impulse Responses, specifically created for FX convolution, which shape, twist, filter, reverse, deepen, morph and even destroy and rebuild the source sounds.
By the X-Engine’s X-Files, a celeste can mutate into a tuning orchestra, ‘a bowed ventilator sinks into the resonances of a piano, a sitar smashes into a clatter of glass, a tonal dance loop arises from a kalimba.’
Galaxy X Convolution Synthesizer
- Convolution Synthesizer
- New sound synthesis for exciting new sounds
- Integrated system for FX convolution in one virtual instrument
- Complete production kit: X-Keys, X-FX and X-Loops
- More than 1000 ready-to-play Instrument Layers
- Easy creation of user sounds
- 15GB of Source Sounds
- More than 1000 multi-sampled Source Key Instruments
- More than 5000 Source Loops
- More than 2000 Source Effect Sounds
- More than 1400 Convolution X-Files for completely altering the source sounds
- Complex sound design with an extremely intuitive user interface
- Easy dynamic use of convolution using the Mod Wheel
- X-Eye for visualizing the amount of convolution
- Musical and intuitive Pre-X and Post-X effects
Check out the preview video and let us know what you think about Galaxy X.
Galaxy X is available via Best Service and priced at US $267.23.
via aymat, Best Service