2012 NAMM Show: Zynaptiq has introduced Pitchmap, described as ‘the world’s first and only audio plug-in capable of polyphonic pitch-correction and pitch-mapping in real-time’.
Pitchmap lets you correct tuning inaccuracies and even change melodies, harmonies and chords on-the-fly. Whether you need to change an entire song from major to minor, correct a single wrong note in an otherwise perfect performance or make a recorded string arrangement fit a different composition, Pirchmap can do it.
- Automatic correction of pitch inaccuracies in polyphonic/mixed signals.
- Pitch Mapping: Change harmonies and melodies on the fly.
- Pitch Mapping via GUI-created source/destination maps or real-time MIDI-input.
- Macro controls for near-instant creation of harmony- and key-changes.
- Snapshot functionality for fast workflow and easy automation.
- Perceptive modeling based Natural mode for voice-adapted processing.
- Continuously variable Electrify parameter for making results sound synthetic in an exciting and unique way.
Pirchmap uses artificial intelligence based MAP technology (Mixed-Signal Audio Processing) to ‘de-mix’ an incoming signal into individual elements. It then lets you arbitrarily or automatically correct and modify their pitches.
In addition to the pitch correction and pitch changing, the MAP process also allows for ‘surreal and electric’ effects.
Pitchmap is available now as a Mac AU (Audio Unit) plug-in, priced at $269 through April 1st. VST versions are also planned.