Stray Technologies has announced pre-orders for the final run of its Bliptronome conversion kit for the Bliptronic 5000.
The ThinkGeek Bliptronome 5000 is a fun 8×8 matrix synthesizer. The Bliptronome kit includes everything you need to convert a Bliptronic 5000 to a fully working Arduinome style open-source Monome clone controller.
The kit includes:
- FTDI (usb-to-serial) cable
- programmed Atmega microcontroller
- electronic parts
- ribbon cable
- extensive instructions.(no Arduino needed!)
- Soldering iron, solder, screw driver, xacto-blade, and wire strippers (hot glue gun recommended).
- 2-3 hour building time for an intermediate kit builder.
The Bliptronome kit is $64.70 at the Stray Technologies site.