Clavia has introduced a new keyboard, the Nord Electro 4 HP:
The new Nord Electro 4 HP has twice the memory capacity of its acclaimed predecessor, Nord Electro 3 HP, letting you fit more sounds from our unique Nord Piano and Sample Libraries.
The Organ section has been upgraded to the latest Tone Wheel engine from our dual manual organ Nord C2D, including a new 122 Rotary speaker simulation and Drive.
The amazing Hammer Action Portable (HP) keybed offers great-feeling, expressive, fully weighted keys at a stunningly low weight (11 kg / 24.25 lbs).
- Nord C2D B3 tone wheel simulation
- Improved Key Click and Percussion
- 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- Vox and Farfisa organ simulations
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- String Resonance (Gen 1)
- Long Release
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Powerful Effect section
- 4 Live Locations/Program Banks
- Extended Control Pedal Support
- USB MIDI
- 2X Memory for Nord Sound Libraries
Here are some audio demos for the 4 HP:
- Hammer Action Portable keybed (E-E)
- Digital LED Drawbars
- 380 MB memory for Nord Piano Library sounds
- 128 MB memory for Nord Sample Library sounds
- C2D Tone wheel engine with 122 Rotary simulation and Drive
- Nord Sound Manager 6.x support for Bundles
- USB MIDI
The Nord Electro 4 HP ships today in the UK with an RRP of £2149 inc VAT.
See the Nord site for more info.
9 thoughts on “Nord Electro 4 HP Offers Hammer Action, Twice The Memory”
Ok. Always nice to see more Nord products…
…but, perhaps next could be a little more exciting. Like Nord Modular 3.
I wish. But that is highly unlikely, they sold very few G2s, probably less than 200. The money is in pianos, which is why you have not seen a Nord Lead 4 or Wave 2.
In to express my ritual hatred of all new things non-Nord-Modular.
I remember when Gnawed made synths…..
What is the real differences between this model and the previous model before and before that… Are they really noticeable details??? I mean the prices won’t change at that rate…
I may be too negative, but first thing that came to my mind was to ask: why did not they put many of those “new” features to earlier (NE3HP) model? I can believe that perhaps Clavia has made those new Organ features after electro3, why earlier HP did not have for example USB midi?
I believe that many of those (or perhaps all of them) were available, but they wanted to drop them to this next Electro4 model.
But after all, this is how business is running. Still I don’t like it…
I am a gigging piano player, does Nord Electro 4 HP hawe a split/bass? Thank you for answer.
I am a gigging piano player, does Nord Electro 4 HP hawe a split/bass? Thank you.