Roland is introducing a new portable digital piano, the RD-64 digital piano, at the 2013 NAMM Show.
The Roland RD-64 offers the company’s SuperNATURAL piano technology in a 64-note weighted-action keyboard. Also onboard is a selection of SuperNATURAL-based vintage EPs, clav and organ tones.
Here are the details.
- Grand piano sound and weighted keyboard action in a compact, mobile instrument
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine delivers authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds
- E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology provides vintage electric pianos modeled with extraordinary accuracy
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch
- Streamlined design that’s light and easy to carry
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category
- Controller mode provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80/-50 synthesizers
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM
- iPad compatibility via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
Note: When the RD-64 is used in Controller mode, the onboard tones are not available.
Pricing and availability for the Roland RD-64 are TBA.