UVI has introduced Mello – a software recreation of the classic Mellotron – and is offering it as a free download (with a Tweet/Like) for a limited time.
Note that an iLok key is required to use Mello.
Here’s a video introduction:
- Pristine and comprehensive sample library from 3 original machines
- Mixable key and mechanical noise for authentic experience
- Switchable keyboard range (original or extended)
- Stereo modes including custom unison
- Switchable multimode filter with cutoff and resonance
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter with velocity sensitivity
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency
- Built-in SparkVerb
- Analog-modeled tape delay
Check out the UVI site for details.