Kymatica today updated Sector – its innovative stochastic step-sequencing sampler – to version 1.0.
Sector 1.0 adds new features, more loop content, a user guide and more. Among the new features are micro-fades to avoid clicks, support for AudioBus 2, independent control of tempo and playback rate and AudioCopy/AudioPaste.
Here’s what’s new in Sector 1.0:
- MAJOR NEWS
- Automatic micro-fades to avoid clicks (see SND menu)
- Send MIDI clock sync (see MIDI config in PRJ menu)
- Support for Audiobus2 and state saving
- Recording of results, quantized with sample accuracy
- Recordings can be loaded back as a loop, exported to AudioShare, AudioCopied, or opened in other app
- New loops by Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem, Arovane, and Sunsine Audio
- Share projects by email or send to other apps like Dropbox
- Allow decoupling of tempo and sample playback rate
- Preview selected sector or warp while stopped
- Main volume slider and oscilloscope display
- AudioPaste for importing loops
- Add RND/CLR/CPY/PST buttons for WRP
- Four memory slots also for WRP
- Copy/paste memory slots (long-press)
- Preview samples and recordings
- Toggle to follow IAA host play/stop
- Bundled users guide (see PRJ menu)
- OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
- Added more warp shapes
- New design for memory slots, show all simultaneously
- Read BPM from filename to calculate number of beats
- Split the menu into improved PRJ and SND menus
- New demo projects by Kymatica and Sunsine Audio
- Tap the Speed label in the SND menu to reset to original BPM
- Display ‘invisible’ warp slot probability
- Store currently selected memory slot in project
- Store assigned manual trigger buttons in project
- Fix loading of soundfiles that are not 44.1kHz
- Auto-normalize samples, fixes occasional clipping
- Don’t auto-select warp slot when changing probability
- Fix occasional overflow bug in buffer player logic
- Improve level peak metering
- Resample sequencer pattern when changing number of sectors
- Show number next to shapes in warp menu
- Fix “Amenbreak B”, was the same as “Amenbreak” (full length)
- Confirm before new/load project if there are unsaved changes
- Sort by bpm or name in soundfile tables
- Keep current MAP/SEQ/WRP tab open when loading project
Sector is available for US $8.99 in the App Store.
3 thoughts on “Sector Update Adds New Features, More Loops & A User Guide”
This app is awesome especially when run through the other Kymatica apps. Great update!!
Almost there… now just add “Receive MIDI Clock Sync”.
Don’t sit on the fence with this app… It’s uncomfortably awesome! Bloody love it and the update makes it even easier to play with! Superb stuff!!!