Developer Nikolozi Meladze has released a v1.2 update for MIDI Editor for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
MIDI Editor turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a music sketchpad. It works with your favourite synths and music apps that support MIDI input.
New Features in 1.2:
- Added MIDI clip browser
- Added iCloud support for MIDI clips
- Added Undo/Redo
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
- MIDI Editor Features
- No complicated editing modes. Simply tap anywhere on the grid to create a note. Tap on the existing note to remove it.
- Press and hold a note for a split second to select it, then drag your finger to adjust the note’s length, position or pitch.
- Precisely edit a note’s position and length on the timeline by zooming in to its exact location.
- Velocity Mode: Select a note and drag your finger vertically to adjust its velocity.
- Undo/Redo edits.
- Adjust grid’s vertical and horizontal zooms independently.
- MIDI clips sync via iCloud.
- Export the MIDI files to other apps such as Dropbox, AudioShare, Cubasis and Mail.
- Change which app the MIDI Editor controls by selecting a MIDI Output.
- Background Audio Mode: MIDI clip continues looping in the background while you tweak synth’s parameters.
- Adjustable Tempo and MIDI Clip length.
Pricing and Availability
MIDI Editor is available on the App Store for US $9.99 / 8,99 Euro. MIDI Editor is designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. MIDI Editor requires OS 7.0 or newer.