This video is a sneak preview for the DIN Sync SARA VCF for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
The Sara VCF is a fully voltage-controlled state variable filter with dual “opposing” self oscillating cores. The tone capabilities can range from delicate to outrageous and all stops in between. Everything from classic vintage twin filter setups, oscillator into filter (quasi-lpg), self oscillation and formant style soundscapes.
According to DIN Sync, “The Sara VCF does well both in classic duties and experimental sounds (just try self patching the state control from one of the core outs). With CV over every control the modulation possibilities open the palette of
sound even further.”
- Dual “opposing” cores where each core is a mirror state of the other
- When one core’s state is swept fully low pass the other core is fully high
- Control voltage for state works well into audio range
- Eight simultaneous outputs from various stages of routing
- Core two input is normalled from core one notch output
- Can also be used as two independent filters
- Each core has a different input/output response
The Sara VCF is expected to be available in mid 2014. Pricing is TBA.
One thought on “DIN Sync Intros SARA VCF For Eurorack Modular Synthesizers”
you’re like a mad (in a good way) scientist PB!