Fiddlewax Pro is a new music app that turn your iPad into a musical instrument, drum kit, chorded zither, sequencer and multi-channel looper.
Here’s an in-depth walkthrough of Fiddlewax Pro:
- Optimized for 10-finger multitouch and seamless use; keep playing even while adjusting parameters.
- Choose from 12 instruments, all optimized for high quality playback on the iPad. Select from four drum modes with both analog and electronic samples. Add filter and reverb effects to shape your sound.
- Choose from all 12 keys, 7 diatonic modes, and 7 secondary scales (Pentatonic, Blues, Whote-tone, etc.) to facilitate stylistic riffs and melodies. Intuitively learn relationships between notes and chords as you play.
- Quickly build complex harmonies with a single touch; push-button chords adjust to include triads, 6, 7, 9, sus2, sus4 and modulation chords while also informing the chorded zither / autoharp.
- Five auto-expanding, synchronized loopers offer layering, contextual sizing, replay, and simple undo/redo via press-and-hold. Tempo control and beat quantization let you easily align looped sequences on the fly.
- Record live audio as you play — a stereo M4A file (clean output and vocal/mic input) and multi-channel MIDI file for use in a digital audio workstations (DAW) are both saved — with up to 90 minutes per session.
- Easily upload your audio recordings directly with SoundCloud or other installed iOS file apps (such as Google Drive or DropBox), share files via email to friends and family, and backup files directly to your computer when you sync your device.
- Send realtime audio directly to other iOS apps via Audiobus and Inter-App Audio. Output MIDI to control other iOS synthesizers or to desktop syths and workstations via WiFi / Bluetooth.
Fiddlewax Pro is available now for US $19.99. If you’ve used Fiddlewax Pro, let us know what you think of it!