Propellerhead today launched Discover – a new ‘open Internet music creation network’ that you can use to create, share, collaborate and remix music with other musicians.
The free music service connects Propellerhead’s Figure and Take mobile apps with Reason music production software, to make it easy to exchange music pieces.
Some of the things you can do with Discover are:
- Move musical ideas between mobile apps and Reason—invite Take users to sing on a Figure beat, or finish a Take song with Reason’s full suite of instruments and effects
- Share music publicly, unlisted to your friends, or to your social network of choice
- Find inspiration in Discover—Propellerhead-curated, community made music pieces, all ready and available for use in your creations
Here’s a video introduction to Propellerhead’s Discover network::
“What we launch today is a beta, meaning it’s far from finished,” notes Ernst Nathorst-Böös, Propellerhead CEO. “What you can see today is a glimpse of the future, an open internet music creation network letting anyone take part in music making.”
“it’s a place where you can get into music creation only doing the parts you love,” he adds, “whether it’s singing, playing guitar, rapping, creating beats, producing or just messing around with sound.”
Pricing and availability
Updated versions of Reason, Take and Figure that connect to the service are available today:
- Discover is available today for free.
- Download Take for free on the Apple App Store.
- Download Figure on the Apple App Store for EUR €0.79 / USD $0.99.
- Reason 8.1 is available as a free update for Propellerhead Reason 8 owners.
- Reason 8.1 is available as a direct download from Propellerhead’s website or from an authorized dealer.
- Reason – EUR €405 / USD $449
- Reason Essentials – EUR €120 / USD $129
- Reason Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) EUR €129 / USD $129
For more information, visit the Propellerhead site.
6 thoughts on “Propellerhead Launches Discover Open Internet Music Creation Network”
wow…. just wow… that problem i had finding a vocalist could be much easier now…
I have used services like this before for collaborating with people but they weren’t so integrated with my DAW… this is really amazing, i am excited to try this out!
Okay, who wants to buy my license? It’s cheap!
i think it is a cool idea, im not sure if i would invest my time in it though but that could change with time.
its is a cool idea and i def give props to the props. i have such a strange relationship with propellerhead .
its like a girl you would like to have sex with , but don’t want to necessarily get married. jeez i need sleep.
Naaaa… it’s the girl who’s all charming and lovely to start with, but ends up being manipulative and controlling!
Run away…. run away!!!! 😉
Dam’n. That sounds are fucking awful and banal. At least for the promo they could try to put the properllerHead out of the load of shit they’re diving in since Reason 6. What’s wrong with u ph, you’re losing the last chances…WTF. That’s not “collaborative music through the web”, that is an expensive toy. Or do u need a new daw license to send your friends a stem?
How is this “open”?
Can any third-party apps connect to it?