Squarp Instruments has introduced the Pyramid – a standalone hardware sequencer that they say is ‘designed to be the perfect brain for your musical setup.’
Here’s the official Pyramid intro video:
The Pyramid lets you directly sequencer a large range of electronic instruments.
- It includes two MIDI outputs to connect your hardware ger.
- You can also use the USB MIDI out to control your virtual instruments on your computer.
- Pyramid embeds a DIN sync output (configurable to Sync48, Sync24,…) that lets you synchronise your vintage instruments.
- For modular synth lovers, Pyramid can be a complete sequencing solution thanks to the full CV/Gate + ENV interface.
- 100% standalone
- 16 tracks
- Full connectivity
- User friendly display
- Customizable interface
- MIDI effects, including quantization, swing, delay, randomizer, glitch, humanizer, harmonizer, arpeggiator.
- Algorithmic euclidean sequencer engine per track, auto generating uncommon and rich rhythmic patterns.
- Fully polyrhythmic
- Save everything to a SD card
- Doubles as a MIDI controller
Squarp expects to have 100 Pyramid Polythymic Sequencers available in June 2015. They are priced at 699€, vat included, and are available for pre-order via their site.