Propellerhead has released Reason 8.2 and Reason Essentials 8.2 – free updates that include new features, improvements and bug fixes.
These updates are recommended for all Reason 8 and Reason Essentials 8 users.
Here’s what’s new in Propellerhead Reason 8.2 & Reason Essentials 8.2:
- Reason will now automatically detect if there is a newer version available, and optionally download and install this.
- A typical Reason update (without soundbanks) is now around 100 MB – a tenth of its old size!
- If sound banks (Factory Sound Bank, Orkester and the content bank for ID8) are missing when Reason is launched, the program will now offer to download and install them.
- Sound banks are now located in a global folder, which means new Reason updates can continue using the same sound banks without having them replaced or copied. It also means that different, parallel Reason installations can share the same sound banks.
- Reason and Authorizer no longer includes the Codemeter driver. Reason will run with Internet Verification (or in Demo Mode) without Codemeter. Codemeter can be downloaded separately for new users, should they need to run Reason without internet access.
- When browsing patches, you can now Revert back to the patch that was loaded when you started browsing.
- The color palette for tracks, channels and clips has been extended to 32 colors.
- The remotable items for Redrum have been extended to allow programming of Redrum patterns from a control surface.
- Reinstated key command for Show/Hide Recording Meter: Command-F3 (Mac) or Ctrl-F3 (Windows).
- Reason comes with a version of Authorizer that support Rack Extensions larger than 2GB.
- Help files and documentation are no longer installed with the program, but accessed online.
- Removed 32-bit support. Version 8.2 is a 64-bit application only.
- Added updated Remote files for Livid Instruments.
- Fixed a memory allocation bug in Reason Essentials that could cause glitches under some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where Authorizer misbehaved if initial installation duties failed.
- Keyboard focus is now returned to the sequencer after the user makes settings in the Transport panel.
- Fixed potential crash bug when scrolling time position during recording.
- Fixed a bug where Reason would assert when adjusting clip length during recording.
- Added version check of sound banks
- Fixed typos on Login Screen (German localization)
- Extended allowed username length in all login/authorization dialogs
- Updated Drop to Propellerhead icon.
- Fixed a bug where Reason would assert if setting tempo / position to very high values.
- Browse focus would be lost when adjusting any parameter on the browsed device, if it was inside a mixer channel Insert FX container.
- Fixed a bug where Loop on/off wasn’t properly mirrored in both applications when Reason was ReWired.
- Fixed a bug where Reason couldn’t start if there was a broken Rack Extension.
- Fixed a bug where Reason could crash if the user didn’t have proper access rights to some folders.
- Fixed a potential crash bug when attaching or detaching rack while browsing samples or sub-patches.
- Improved track pad scrolling in the sequencer.
7 thoughts on “Propellerhead Reason 8.2 Now Available – Here’s What’s New”
Lovely update. The Redrum update if massive for me. This will be wicked with RsTouch Pro.
That was the stand out feature for me as well.
Great update. Big Re-Extensions coming soon. Not sure what the maximum size they can be but to get rid of the 2gb limit gives considerably more freedom and potential to sound designers 🙂
No 32 bit version?! Ummm, lots of people use Reason with Rewire to 32 bit host apps like the 32 bit version of Ableton Live.
well, i guess they wont be for long.
Well….32 bit in 2015 is quite old fashioned, isn’t it?? 🙂
32bit was my first thought. Made a duplicate folder named “Reason32” to be untouched and upgraded the other.