D16 Group has introduced Antresol, a stereo flanger plugin, for Mac & Windows, inspired by classic analog BBD flangers.
Here’s the video intro:
Here’s what they have to say about it:
The original, conceived in the mid-70s, quickly became a benchmark for flanger-type effects by offering a uniquely rich character defined by luxuriously harmonious interacting resonances, and has been heard ever since on countless classic recordings. That’s why D16 couldn’t resist the opportunity to resurrect the soul of this classic in a thoroughly modern incarnation with Antresol, our newest effect in the SilverLine Collection!
Here are the official audio demos:
- True emulation of BBD based analog delay line
- Optional independent parameter control for each stereo channel
- Selectable L/R or M/S stereo processing modes
- ‘Mistress mode’ allows the whole unit to work the same as the classic flanger
- LFO can be synchronized with your host application
- 3 different LFO-to-BBD clock curves
- Ultra-low aliasing output
- Highly musical and pleasant sound
- Tag-based browser
- Two alternative GUI sizes
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout
- 64bit internal processing
Antresol is available now for US $49/39 Euro. A demo version is also available.