Zoom has introduced the F8 MultiTrack Field Recorder, designed with filmmakers and sound designers in mind.
The F8 offers 8-input/10-track recording, low-noise preamps, and support for 24-bit/192kHz audio.
Here’s their official intro video:
- Phantom power (+24V/+48V) can be turned on and off for each preamp individually.
- Plug in any Zoom mic capsule.
- 10 tracks—8 input channels, plus a stereo mix track*—allow you to simultaneously record stereo and surround sound.
- An onboard mixer with flexible routing of all inputs and outputs (pre- and post-fader). Each channel has controls for pan, input/output delay, filtering, and limiting.
- The F8 can be mounted to a tripod and attached to your camera using the included mounting bracket.
The Zoom F8 MultiTrack Field Recorder will be available in July, 2015 for US $999.99. See the Zoom site for more info.