TASCAM has introduced the DA-6400 – a new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording.
The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use – simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session.
- 64-track recording to internal solid-state drive as 48kHz/24-bit BWAV files
- 32-track recording at 96kHz/24-bit
- Two option card slots support MADI, Dante, and AES/EBU connections, with more to come
- Hot-swappable AK-CC25 drive caddy houses an SSD drive, and includes USB 3 for simple file transfer
- TASCAM 240GB SSD drive included
- RS-422 serial control and parallel control
- Internal TCXO sample clock with 1ppm accuracy
- SMPTE timecode in and out on BNC connectors
- Gigbit Ethernet for file transfer, remote control, and SNTP internal clock set
- Video and word clock in/thru/out
- Highly visible 320×120 pixel LCD display
- iPad and computer applications for remote control
- One rackspace size for easy installation
- DA-6400DP also available with dual/redundant power supplies
TASCAM SSD features:
- 240GB 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD
- Uses specialized control IC for reliable operation during long recordings
- Over 7 hours of recording time at 48kHz/24-bits
- Holds 2.5-inch serial ATA SSD drive
- USB 3.0 port for high-speed data transfer
- LED status indicator
See the TASCAM site for detail.