Intermorphic has introduced Noatikl 3, the latest version of their iOS generative music system.
Noatikl a 16 track MIDI generating system, with 120+ parameters & many included generative music templates. Sound generation is via the integral Partikl Sound Engine, a stereo sound source comprising a modular synth with Soundfont (SF2)/DLS support + live FX.
Noatikl also supports MIDI out if you want to drive external MIDI synths or samplers.
Here’s what’s new in Noatikl 3:
- New templates that take advantage of the upgraded Partikl Sound Engine 3 (PSE 3) [Note: For older Tiklpaks see: Menu > Settings > Show NT2 Tiklpaks]
- Major PSE 3 enhancements:
- Now supports stereo and more advanced synth & fx networks, allowing richer & more interesting sonic capabilities and complete sound “presets”
- Network Editor and all 17 PSE Sound & FX unit UIs have been significantly reworked for much easier use, control and accessibility
- Greatly improved Wavetable Sound Unit now supports stereo SF2 (SoundFont) samples (up to 24bit), allows modulation of pitch, pan, amp and portamentp parameters + has integrated envelope editor (linear/log) – all useful for sound shaping e.g. nice smooth ambient sounds
- Improved the PSE-included IM SF2 wavetables with extended “IM Synths” and all new “IM NT3-MT7”
- Amp and Pan controls added to several PSE Sound Units allowing more compact synth networks
- Support for AudioBus 2 and Audiobus Remote Trigger and transport control
Here’s a preview of Noatikl in action:
Noatikl is available for US $9.99 in the App Store.