WaveMachine Labs has released Auria Pro v2 – a major update to the app that they describe as ‘the first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad’.
It offers comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, AAF import/export, powerful busing, and optional third-party plug-in support from names like PSP, FabFilter, Overloud and Drumagog.
Here’s the official intro video:
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
- FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
- Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
- Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
- Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
- Piano roll editor
- Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
- Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
- Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
- Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
- User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
- Audio quantizing
- Audio transient to MIDI conversion
- Transient slicing
- Project templates
- Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
- 24-bit recording
- Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
- MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and mastering limiter
- 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
- Third party plug-in support available via in-app purchase
- MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
- MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
- Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
- AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
- StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
- 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
- Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
- Real-time audio scrubbing
- Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
- DropBox, Audiobus, IAA, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
- Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
- Full automation support
- True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
- Adjustable pan law
- Auto-punch mode
- Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
- Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
- Sample accurate looping
- Automatic sample rate conversion
- iPad 4 or later
- iOS 6.0 or later
- USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Auria Pro is available for US $49.99 in the App Store.