3 years after the release of version 7, developers have released n-Track Studio 8, with a major graphic interface redesign and lots of new features.
Here’s what’s new:
- Step Sequencer: Create beats, sequences or arpeggios with the new Step Sequencer. Start a song in one click using the factory patterns, or have fun creating your own.
- Songtree Integration: n-Track Studio 8 brings music collaboration inside your DAW environment. The new integrated Songtree app lets you make music with others online. Get another musician into your project, or contribute to a song started by others.
- Streamlined Recording Process: Capture your best performances with the new multi-take recording mode, control parameter automation on separate lanes for each tracks, or get experimental with internal recording routing.
- Pure Data Support: You can now load your Pure Data patches inside n-Track and use your favorite sounds and effects in your song.
- Beat Doctor: Detect transients and tweak your beats or rhythmic performances for perfect timing.
- Custom Envelope Shapes: You can now freely draw your envelopes and view them on multiple lanes.
- Audio Part Widgets: Audio parts now have fade and volume widgets for quick and precise editing.
- MIDI Step-Recording: Insert a note per step for advanced beat or sequence programming.
- Support for Rex Files: .REX files can now be imported and edited into your project.
- Support for 4K displays: The new n-Track Studio features optimized graphics for 4K and high DPI screens.
- Recording & mixing:
- Records and plays back a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. VST, VST3, DirectX (Windows),
- AU (Mac) and ReWire effects can be added to each channel/track
- Volume, pan, aux sends & returns and effects parameters can be automated: you can “program” fade-in/outs, cross fades, boost the volume of a track when there is a solo etc.
- Live input processing allows to process with plug-ins live signals. Record the ‘dry’ (unprocessed) signal while processing and reprocess the recording later – i.e. play a guitar through a distortion plug-in then change the distortion after the recording
- Cross-Platform: n-Track is available for the following plaftorms: Mac OSX, Windows, iOS, Android. Record a song on your iPad on the go and then import it on your Windows or Mac computer for detailed editing and mixing.
Pricing and Availability
n-Track Studio 8 is available now for €49, and n-Track Studio EX is €99. See the n-Track website for details.
One thought on “n-Track Studio 8 Now Available – Here’s What’s New”
The Pure Data bit seems very interesting!