At the 2016 NAMM Show, TASCAM announced the SD-20M, a new solid-state rackmount audio recorder.
The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode.
A dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M includes a battery backup system – AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
- Four-channel solid-state recorder
- Two microphone inputs with phantom power on XLR – 1?4″ combo jacks
- RCA stereo line inputs and outputsWAV or MP3 recording formats supported
- AA battery backup – keeps recording even after power loss
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128GB cards
- File divide feature
- Dual recording function records a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-proof safety track
- Variable speed playback changes speed without changing the pitch
- Simple user interface
- 1/4″ stereo headphone output
- Remote jack for wired or footswitch control
Details on the pricing and availability of the SD-20M Solid State Recorder are still to be announced.