Developer Retronyms released this sneak preview of Akai iMPC Pro, promising MIDI Learn, Ableton Link support and more.
Here’s what’s new in iMPC Pro version 1.5:
- MIDI Learn so you can map your controller more easily.
- Slice Loop Auto mode, which automatically detects all transient markers.
- Improvements to MPC Desktop Export. You can now export slice loops as patch phrases, among other things.
- Latest version of the Ableton Link SDK.
- Latest version of AudioCopy (3.2), which improves workflow.
- Bonus feature: Bit-Crusher in the pad effects, which has a digital distortion effect on your sounds, adding some crunch and fuzz.
They’ve also announced a new Public Beta Program, which allows users to participate in pre-release testing of iMPC Pro. Contact [email protected] if you’re interested in applying as a Beta Tester.
iMPC Pro 1.5 is expected to be in review with Apple in the next week.