Mouse on Mars has introduced Fluxpad – a sample based groovebox/workstation with a unique approach to sequencing.
It’s developed by Mouse on Mars’ Andi Toma & Jan St. Werner, with developer Jan T V Falkenstein.
In Fluxpad you “paint“ in your music with your finger, which leads to completely different results than a traditional sequencer with piano rolls or step buttons.
The y-axis of the canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the decay of your notes. You can choose to quantize your notes and whether you want to limit notes to major or minor scales.
Here’s a sneak preview, by Andi Toma:
- 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
- 1 percussion/drum sequencer where paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
- each sound has it’s own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
- quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
- combine 6 pattern to a longer piece of music
- ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
- huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
- lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
- ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Fluxpad is expected to go into beta testing soon, with a release planned for early 2016. The first version will be for iPad only.
8 thoughts on “Mouse On Mars Intros Fluxpad (Sneak Preview)”
I think I’ve just found my go-to app when I want to scare the living daylights out of the cat.
One of the worst demos ever. Those samples sound like feces. These people really ought to pay someone a few bucks to do a decent demo.
Sounds a little too gastric for my tastes.
LOVE LOVE LOVE <3 <3 <3
Mouse on Mars should pay someone to do their demo??? LOL
Nice!! Works for that kind of sound VERY well 🙂 Also I like MOM.
Should be released on April 1st 🙂
Nice workflow! Not bothered by the samples in the demo, they are just samples.. but.. can I opt out of the ‘huge sample library’? I want to make my own samples.. and space is limited on any iPad (eventually). I hope it will cater to rhythms outside of 4/4 !