Faderfox has introduced the UC44 Fader Box – a suitcase-style universal MIDI controller.
The controller has 8 push-encoders, each with a 2-digit-display, 16 faders (60mm) and 35 buttons. The encoders (with detents) are switchable to 32 groups, which allows it to control a total amount of 512 control parameters.
Various kinds of midi commands like program change, pitchbend, aftertouch and control change in relative and absolute mode with different acceleration amounts and min/max values are possible. All these properties are fully programmable on the device.
- Universal controller for all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software
- Control surface script for Live 8/9 is shipped with the controller
- USB interface with bus powering
- class compliant / no driver necessary (consumption < 300mA)
- MIDI in and out ports with routing and merge functionality
- 8 push encoders with detents (resolution about 30 pulses)
- Encoder push buttons can send commands (fully programmable)
- 32 buttons with LED for switchable parameters
- 8 x 2-digit-display to show encoder values and programming data
- 14 bit high resolution encoder mode for sensitive parameters
- Programmable value ranges with min/max values
- Data feedback for encoders and faders avoid value jumps
- All controls (incl. push buttons) fully programmable in the device by channel, type, number, mode
- Different command types like control change (CC), pitch bend, aftertouch, program change,notes
- Advanced programming functions like copy, paste and group sets
- 32 independent groups for encoders
- 2 independent groups for faders/buttons
- About 608 commands per setup
- 8 setups with backup/restore function contain all controller settings
- Upgradable firmware by simple Sysex-dump
- Compact and solid design in a silver metal casing (size 290x220x55 mm, weight 1.6 kg)
Pricing and Availability:
The UC44 Fader Box is available now for 503 Euro (excluding VAT).