An early announcement in Roland Corporation’s 24-hour, around-the-world live-streaming music festival to celebrate “909 Day,” the company unveiled their new DJ-808 controller, a collaboration with Serato.
The DJ-808 integrates hardware, software, and the TR-S drum sequencer in a single instrument. The controller also has a 4-channel mixer, vocal processing, 2 AIRA link USB ports, and Serato DJ integration. Other features include a 16-step sequencer, “high quality” mic input with an XLR combo jack, and more.
Roland-Serato DJ-808 Features at a glance:
- Roland TR-S drum machine: Built-in Roland TR-S drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats.
- TR-S sequencer: 16 step sequencer with 16 patterns for sequencing the TR-S drum machine and Serato sampler.
- VT voice transformer: Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking, Reverb and Serato key matching.
- RGB color pads: Velocity sensitive RGB colour pads for Hot Cues, Loop Rolls, Sampler, Pitch Play, TR-S control and more.
- Channel FX: 4 high quality integrated Channel FX including Dub Echo, Jet, Noise and Filter.
- 4-channel digital mixer: Standalone professional 4-channel digital mixer with selectable inputs for 4x PC, 2x Phono/Line and 2x USB/Line.
- External Instruments: Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ.
- High Quality Audio: 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity.
- Serato DJ FX: Dedicated control of Serato DJ FX powered by iZotope for each channel, TR-S drum sequencer and external inputs.
- Ultra-high performance platters: Super low latency platters that come with integrated displays and playback status.
- Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ Included: Serato Pitch ’n Time DJ included for Key Sync, Key Shift, Pitch Play mode and Auto Pitch on the VT.
- Serato DVS Upgrade Ready: Connect turntables or CDJs and control Serato DJ with Serato Control Tone with the purchase of a Serato DVS license.