iConnectivity today announced PlayAUDIO12, an audio and MIDI interface designed specifically for live musicians.
The company touts PlayAUDIO12 as a “bullet-proof, fail-proof” solution, integrating redundancy fail-safes for control and playback of backing tracks, virtual instruments, and MIDI devices.
iConnectivity explains that the “secret” to creating to a seamless, simple and straightforward failover solution for live performance is the integration of two computers, each connected directly to the PlayAUDIO12 for a strong redundancy system. Should the user’s main computer fail, PlayAUDIO12 switches to the backup computer in a heartbeat; so fast that the performer and their audience may not even notice. Backing tracks keep playing in time and MIDI gear stays connected.
PlayAUDIO12 also ships with iConnectivity’s Auracle, an intuitive, interactive new approach to control software. Auracle allows performers to create a sophisticated live integration of all audio and MIDI connections, inputs and outputs; the company says Auracle “lets you do it in minutes, not hours.”
- 10x 1/4” TRS balanced audio outputs, for low noise connections on any stage.
- Integrated +48v phantom power protection on outputs protects your interface from accidental damage when plugging directly into consoles or stage boxes
- 1x 1/4” TRS stereo headphone output for convenient headphone monitoring
- 2x USB ‘B’ ports for connection of up to 2 computers simultaneously
- Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers
- USB-MIDI Host Port supports a USB-MIDI Class-Compliant device (add a USB hub and connect up to eight USB-MIDI devices)
- 4-port Ethernet MIDI for rugged long-distance MIDI connections
- 12 MIDI ports, 16 channels per port
- iConnectivity’s new Auracle software (download for Mac/Windows) makes it simple to create and save your audio and MIDI routing and mixer presets.
- Capacitive touch control with clear metering for dark stages.
- Easy, software-less control over PlayAUDIO12’s key features from the front panel
- 2 button “Control In” footswitch input allows manual computer switching and/or user-assignable controls
- Control Out connection for slaving additional PlayAUDIO12 units
- Studio sound quality for the live arena – up to 24-bit/96kHz DA conversion.
- USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-compliant.
The manufacturers’ suggested retail price for the iConnectivity’s PlayAudio12 is $599.99 US. The estimated “street” price $499.99 US.
The interface is available for pre-order now from www.iConnectivity.com and iConnectivity resellers worldwide and is expected to ship in late October 2017.