Audulus LLC has released their biggest update yet for Audulus 3, their software modular for iOS, integrating new file management, expanding the library of example and support for portrait mode on the iPhone.
Here’s what’s new:
Audulus 3.5 integrates the file management provided by iOS 11’s new file browser. With a streamlined patch browser, you can sort patches into folders, mark your favorites, and more easily share your creations with the world.
The Module Library now arranges modules in a folder hierarchy, which makes finding modules much faster. Furthermore, you can search for modules and nodes by name, as well as drag and drop patches from iCloud storage.
On iPad, the Module Library remains open as you patch. This saves time, especially when building large patches.
Automatic highlighting, new to Audulus 3.5, simplifies understanding patches. Just select a node or group of modules, and their output wires highlight while all others dim.
Audulus 3.5 also comes with an expanded library of examples, accessible from the create document menu. The new examples include previews of an upcoming module library redesign. This massive expansion uses graphical symbols instead of text abbreviations for control labeling.
Audulus 3.5 has also been redesigned to make it easier to release smaller updates such as adding new patches, tutorials, and modules.
And finally, Audulus now runs in portrait mode on iPhone.
- Audulus now requires iOS 11.
- We are using iOS 11’s new document browser. So you can now organize your patches into folders, search, easily move patches to iCloud, etc.
- The Module Library is now organized in a hierarchy. You can search too!
- Patch metadata (tags, author, description) has been removed.
- You can drag & drop patches from the Files app.
- Select a node to highlight its connections.
- Instead of installing examples to your documents folder, you can now browse for examples when creating a new document.
- Larger example library. Including a preview of the new uModules, currently under development.
- Audulus now runs in portrait orientation on iPhone.
Pricing and Availability
Audulus for iOS is available for US $19.99.