The Seventh Wave Festival of Electronic Music: Number Five is coming to Birmingham, UK, March 9-11, 2018.
The festival will include a free, all-day electronic music event on Saturday, March 10, 2018, from 10am to 5pm.
In addition, there will be ticketed performances by Wolfgang Flur, one of the original members of Kraftwerk and Ulrich Schnauss, known for both his solo work and as a member of the latest incarnation of Tangerine Dream. The Festival finishes with UK electronic music artist and DiN label head Ian Boddy.
Tickets to the paid events are available now. See below for details on the free event.
The Seventh Wave/West Midlands Synth Network
Saturday 10 March 2018 (10.00 am to 5.00 pm)
FREE ADMISSION EVENT
Venue: The Birmingham & Midland Institute, 9 Margaret Street, Birmingham B3 3BS
The inaugural West Midlands Synth Network event takes place on Saturday 10 March 2018
(as part of The Seventh Wave Festival of Electronic Music: Number 5).
There is an opportunity for members of the public to take part in this event (have a dedicated space in the Modular Meet Room or set up something interesting in one of the side rooms).
The outline of this event is:
- Goody bags for the first 100 through the door
- Café area
- Live artists booked: Very Special Surprise Live Guest (announced on the day!), Marta SmiLga (from Latvia), Defunkt Dialekt, Earth Is Flat, John Biddulph, Darkroom, Andrew Heath, Phonsonic, Concept Devices, Axxent Opaque …… and a live ‘synth jam’ by the Leamington Spa Home Electronic Music Society
- Talks/demonstrations by Korg, Expert Sleepers, Infection Music and BIMM Institute Birmingham (BIMM will be taking over one of the rooms and creating the ‘BIMM Experience’).
- Birmingham based Giraffe Audio will also be curating a room and will be working with Source Distribution (who represent Arturia and Moog) among others (Dreadbox, ExpressiveE and Teenage Engineering).
- VJ, Musician and Birmingham based artist Leon Trimble will be curating a room.
- Some of the biggest names in the synth and modular world will have display stands on the day and will be bring along some amazing pieces of kit.
- In attendance will be Korg, Novation, Erica Synths (from Latvia), Expert Sleepers, Abstract Data, Infection Music, PMT Birmingham ….